This video was created in partnership with Japanese Film Festival Australia. The festival will tour nationally from October – December 2019. For more information, visit the festival website.
From Okinawa to Hakodate, we look at a few films from this year’s Japanese Film Festival Australia that have maximised location to emphasise emotion, build character interiority and highlight everyday life in different Japanese cities.
Editing: Julian Tay
- And Your Bird Can Sing (2018, dir. Sho Miyake)
- Blue Hour (2019, dir. Yuko Hakota)
- Born Bone Born (2018, dir. Toshiyuki Teruya)
- Little Love Song (2019, dir. Kojiro Hashimoto)
- NOISE (2018, dir. Yusaku Matsumoto)
- Riding Uphill (2018, dir. Kan Eguchi)
Produced by Hi’Spec